Saturday, January 20, 2007

Getting by

You know how some people love the excitement of a new relationship, all of the uncertainty and the getting to know the other person. I like the later part, the intimate we know each other so well part. The history, the knowledge of likes and dislikes. I am good in a relationship, being someone's girlfriend. Taking care of someone and being taken care of. I don't do so well at the dating part. At the anticipation, the what to wear, the what to say, does he like me, do I like him? Maybe that's why I always stay too long in a bad situation.
Knowing right now how much better this is, this being able to get on with my life, my happiness - there is still that longing for what was. Understanding that what was is no longer a good thing...not so easy for my mind to accept.

No comments: